Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thanksgiving Countdown

3 years ago my most gracious Mother-in Law gave me a Cuttlebug for Christmas. It has been my trusty sidekick for all of my paper crafting. But now it is time to say goodbye. With half a tear in my eye I purchased a Big Shot from my last Stampin up party. To cover a bit of the cost I put my good ole' Cuttlebug up for auction on Ebay. Sigh. This is the last project we got to do together!


It starts with this free printable at Tip Junkie. If you have not checked this blog out yet, do yourself a favor and head over there (after you finish reading this of course). It is limitless ideas for parties, crafts and more. I decided to take the hard way and cut each letter and number out with the Cuttlebug. My 2 year old was happy to help turn the crank. I then glittered each letter and left it over night dry. When I woke up, I wasn't feeling it. It was way too much work. So I grabbed a bottle of Stickle glitter and went to town on a plain one I printed out.


I loved the result. I had to finish what I started though, so now I have 2!


One for us and one to give to my loving Mother-in Law! Fitting that I pictured them with the flowers she brought over for the Stampin Up Party. I framed them in some cheap IKEA frames. You can use dry erase pins on the plastic or glass in the frame to mark you days down and add what you are thankful for.



As you can see my darling 6 year old decided he was thankful for Mommy. All that work was well worth it to see that.
Linking to these great parties:

2 comments:

  1. I love a good count down:) Stay Fashionable! Love, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Countdown's are great! This is so nice, and so useful year after year. I'll bet you'll love that Big Shot. I am a Stampin' Up fan as well. I don't own a Big Shot but I've used it before.
    Thanks for linking up to Make the Scene Monday.

    ReplyDelete