Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Leaf Banner

The leaves are finally starting to change in Canby, my favorite time of year. This is the perfect time to take a nature walk and start making those projects with whatever you find outside. I was inspired by one of my favorite muses, Kids Craft Weekly. You can receive her newsletters by email monthly. This last month we created the Fall Leaf Banner. It takes several steps to complete it is well worth it.

Fall Leaf Banner:


If you are making this when the leaves have dropped take this opportunity to go out on a nature walk and find different varieties of leaves to trace onto news paper. We are lucky enough to have a nature trail right behind our house!



After you have traced several leaves on the newspaper let the kids water color, don't worry about staying in the lines you will cut them out later. We did this last month so I found some free printable leaf pictures and printed them directly onto the newspaper.

When the water color is dry cut out all of the leaves. Paint a white background on another piece of newspaper. Place the cut out leaves onto the paint.

For the finishing touches I chose to punch out hearts and glue in the corner. Punch a hole in the middle of each heart and tie your ribbon, string or raffia.
We hung this above our entry table, just don't tell my husband I put push pins in the wall!

This is one of my favorite projects thus far and am going to make sure I figure out a way to store this nicely for next year. Will you be trying this? Let me know!

Linking to these great sites:

Blue Cricket DesignThe Girl CreativePhotobucket Keeping It SimpleTip Junkie handmade projects TGC Blogiversary Celebration
”Creations
DIY under $5Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute ~ my kids and I may be doing this over the weekend!!! Love it!!! I totally agree with you, Fall is just the absolute BEST!!! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hi ~ I'm now your newest follower and I'd LOVE to have you "follow" me next time you visit!!!

    Aimee @ ItsOverflowing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so kid friendly. And searching for leaves is something that all kids big and small love to do in the fall.
    Thanks for linking up to Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill.

    ReplyDelete